Veterinary Surgeon - Chapel Surgery
Bath Vet Group, Chapel Surgery, Melksham
Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience plus up to £5000 relocation allowance plus benefits
Discover the next step in your career
Here at Bath Veterinary Group, we are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The role includes both consulting and operating, with some sole charge work at our Chapel Surgery.
The role will include working 3 days per week from 8:30am- 6:30pm plus 1 in 3 Saturday mornings. There are no out of hours with this role.
Be part of what we do
Chapel Surgery in Melksham is situated in a historic market town located in the beautiful rural Wiltshire, just 6 miles south of Chippenham.
We have two consulting rooms, x-ray facilities, a fully equipped operating theatre and practice laboratory.
We are a 1 Vet practice with a Registered Veterinary Nurse, a Kennel Assistant, and a reception team onsite. We pride ourselves on our friendly working environment and our focus on staff wellbeing. The client service at Melksham is rated as outstanding by the RCVS.
Across all branches, we have a team of 130 employees in total. We actively encourage our staff to develop their skills and knowledge via in-house learning and CPD. Bath Veterinary Referrals is based at Rosemary Lodge Hospital, the team includes both Medicine Clinicians and Surgeons.
Find a place where it's all taken care of
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1350 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.