Part Time Vet - Bath Cats & Dogs Home
This is an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly, supportive team in the beautiful city of Bath. The role involves working at the Bath Cats & Dogs Home (RSPCA) re-homing centre with an interesting, busy and varied workload. The role involves examinations of new admissions, operating, consulting and giving advice to kennel assistants. The role is 2 days per week, 09:00—16:30. No OOH.
We have 8 sites in total; Rosemary Lodge is a long established Tier 3 Hospital with onsite MRI, CT, digital x-ray and in-house diagnostics. Our 7 satellite branches vary in size and facilities but all have established teams. We have 140 employees working across the group (43 vets/41 nurses).
The successful candidate will share our philosophy of working to the highest clinical standards and providing excellent client care. You will ideally have experience of working sole charge and charity work. In addition to your excellent clinical and communication skills, you will need to be a people oriented person, who is willing to support and guide your colleagues.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
- 5 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
- 5 days paid CPD leave
- £1250 CPD Allowance per annum
- Private Medical Insurance
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Service based holiday entitlement increases
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Enhanced paternity pay
- Birthday leave
- Discounted veterinary fees
- My Benefits - various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Employee opinion survey
- Free uniform in a number of roles
- Annual pay reviews
- Social events
- Sponsorship for overseas employees
- Academy & Leadership courses
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.